From Ordinary to Extraordinary
Two of my favorite things Cake and Christmas! And for the holidays I take my cakes up to an extraordinary level!
From Ordinary To Extraordinary
This simple white iced cake can be transformed into an elegant focal point for your dessert table in less than 30 minutes using just a few ingredients!
1 - 8" to 14" inch layer cake covered with white frosting
15 - Red grapes
15 - Green grapes
3 - Egg white
1 cup - fine granulated sugar
3 - sprigs of Rosemary
- Beat egg whites a few minutes until frothy
- In a large mixing bowl toss grapes with egg whites until all grapes are evenly coated.
- In a medium mixing bowl add 1/4 of the sugar and put aside.
- Using a fork carefully scoop up the grapes (do not pierce the grapes) and tap off the excess egg whites and drop them in one by one into your bowl with sugar, then sprinkle another 1/4 cup of sugar over graped until all grapes are covered.
-Repeat this step with the remaining grapes and sugar.
-Using a spoon pick up each grape and place on a parchment covered cookie sheet, making sure grapes are not touching.
- Freeze for 20 minutes or until egg whites are frozen to the touch.
-Using frozen grapes pile 25 on top of the cake carefully, building a slight mound in the center as shown in the photo.
- Add the rosemary Sprigs on the side of the cake securing the sprigs by sticking them into the cake base at a very slight angle.
- You may need to push the Rosemary toward frosting to adhere it to the cake.
- Take your remaining 5 grapes and place at the base where you inserted the Rosemary sprigs.
Don't forget visit us tomorrow for day 6!